THIRD INTERNATIONAL DANCE FESTIVAL-CONTEST
"DANCE REVOLUTION 2012"
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Dance Festival "Dance Revolution" is designed for young, talented, dynamic dance teams, who have no lack of original ideas. Participants are invited from Lithuania and foreign countries. Dancers compete for three prize places in each dancing style (modern dance, street, and the showdance) and age category (child, youth and adult). Bands have their chance to win the Grand Prix on the Festival's final competition. The first "Dance Revolution" Festival gathered around 1200 participants from the whole Lithuania; the second was over 1500, the third Festival is planning to collect even more and to broaden its geography. Festival "Dance Revolution" develops personality in children, the spiritual world, and fills their hearts with friendship and beauty.
Place and date:
Vilnius Congress hall (http://www.lvso.lt/ , Vilniaus str. 6/16 ). The 12th of May, 2012
II. OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
- To promote and develop each child's individuality, giving the opportunity to show themselves and their talents, developing their experience in scenic and concert life;
- To create the conditions for improving and developing of different abilities of children;
- To motivate a purposeful leisure of young people, eagerness for learning, developing their personality;
- To promote the public interest in a variety of dance styles;
- To enable remote communication of the participants, promote their friendly relations, tolerance and respect ;
- Meet the new teams, to share the joy that brings the arts;
- To find out new and talented teams;
- To contribute to the educators, involve in dance collective leaders qualification;
III. REGULATION OF THE FESTIVAL
Modern dance teams;
Show dance teams;
Street dance teams.
Group I: 10-14 years;
Group II: 15-19 years;
Group III: after 20 years.
THE FESTIVAL'S PROGRAM:
- Competitions in the dance styles and age groups;
- The competitors perform one composition, with a duration up to 3,5 minutes;
- The first place winners from each style and age category (nine first place holders), compete for the GRAND PRIX in the final concert of the Festival;
- The awards.
IV. EVALUATION AND PROMOTION
The festival organizers pay special attention to the competence of the jury, an objective assessment. Foreign choreographers are also invited to join the jury. For different categories will be formed different international juries. Competence, objectivity and impartiality of the judges are the most important achievement of the festival "Dance Revolution".
The evaluation of the participants will be focused on:
- o Quality of technique;
- o The complexity of the composition;
- o Synchronicity;
- o Director's decision;
- o Artistry.
- o Costume;
- o Aesthetic image.
- Scenic culture.
- All participants will be awarded with diplomas, souvenirs;
- I, II, III, IV, V, VI place winners will be chosen from each style and age category;
- I, II, and III place winners of each style and age category of will be awarded with Festival's Cups and medals;
- The GRAND PRIX will be presented at the very end of the Festival;
- Award participants will be important guests - known public figures.
VI. REGISTRATION RULES AND TERMS
- The participants of the Festival present one performance;
- The duration of the performance is limited from 2 to 3.5 minutes;
- Music should be included in the CD or the USB digital media;
- The band of the participants should have at least 6 dancers;
- The application for participation should be submitted by 12 of April, 2012 by e-mail email@example.com;
- Participant fee for one dance team member - 25 Lt (7,24 Eur);
- Fees should be transferred to VšĮ "Modus projektai" bank account before 16 of April, 2012 after the confirmation from the organizers. (The account details will be specified in the approval e-mail). Please don't be late.
- Specify does your team need an accommodation, when you make a registration. To get more info about accommodation you can by phone +37067005425
Organizers of the festival
VŠĮ „Modus projektai"
WAITING FOR YOU!!!